THE WILLPOWER MANAGEMENT, DISCIPLINE OF NUTRITION
We live in a world where we can eat anytime and anywhere without thinking how actually food can affect our body if we are not aware of quality and quantity. As you probably know “we are what we eat” and nutrition it is a critical part of our health and our wellbeing.
THE WILLPOWER MANAGEMENT
“If a food is in your house, you will eventually eat it”
What do I mean by that? Let me explain…
Most of us aren’t cyborgs we are just being influenced by our environment. For example, as this is getting written I’m seating with a big bottle of water next to me, just to remind me to drink more of it and guess what, I’m drinking more because is next to me. That’s the power of the environment.
How many times have you grab something to eat because you saw the food on the table, or you saw some sweets in the cupboard? You weren’t hungry but unconsciously grabbed it, happened to me all the time. So, I decided to do a kitchen clean up and throw out all the food that was not there to support my goals.
Our environment has a strong effect on our food decisions, and by simply fixing our environment we have the willpower to make the good decisions with food.
Now all you must do is to remove all packages, processed foods and replace with whole foods such as: lean meat, fish, legumes, eggs, nuts and seeds, fruits and berries, whole grains and so on.. you know all the good staff, and make sure you replace all the food with labels that do not have any labels.
More Dedication Required
Establish correct portion size
Establish better nutrient timing
Establish progressive exercise regimen
Establish a supportive social environment
Establish a healthy kitchen
Establish a healthy grocery habits
Establish better nutritional choices
Establish a basic physical activity program
THREE MEALS PER DAY – EAT THE RAINBOW
Before mastering meal prep, learn what and how much to eat.
How to measure your portion? Basically, your hand is your portioning tool.
So for example:
A serving of protein = one palm
A serving of vegetables = one fist
A serving of smart carbs = one cupped hand
A serving of fats = one thumb
Real proteins – is going to be food with nothing more than a little salt
Lean cuts of beef, poultry, lamb, pork
Minced meat – the leaner the better
Plain high protein yoghurt
Whey or plant protein (no added sugar, stevia is ok)
Legumes such as beans, lentils, chickpeas
If you tolerate dairy well, if not, go for tofu and soya yoghurt
VEGETABLE AND FRUITS
They are nutritional powerhouses, contain essential vitamins and minerals, along with phytochemicals (plant chemicals) and antioxidants (which safeguard to reduce the risk of cancer and prevent premature ageing).
They help boost your immunity and lower inflammation. Moreover, they improve overall recovery, means better results.
Real fruits and vegetable are easy to identify because they typically don’t have nutrition label.Let’s see a few examples:
- Salad – Spinach, kale, lambs lettuce, red chard, rocket, radicchio, pak choi, watercress.Vegetables – Asparagus, artichoke, aubergine, avocado, beans sprouts, beetroot, broccoli, cauliflower, celeriac, celery, courgette, cabbage, cucumber, fennel, garlic, ginger, green beans, leeks, mushroom, onions, peppers, spring onion, tomatoes.Fruits – Apricots, apples, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, cherries, grapefruit, grapes, lemon, lime, papaya, peaches, pineapple, plums, pomegranate, strawberries, watermelon.
Healthy Fats Fat is an important fuel for the body which is one of the reasons our body are so good at storing it. From just a single gram of fat, we get 9 calories of energy as compared to only 4 calories of energy from 1 gram of carbs or proteins. Impressive right?The extra calories are one of the reasons we need to be more aware of our fat intake when we are trying to lose fat.
The rules are simple if you want to lose body fat:
- Eat real food, majority of the timeExercise with intensity few times per weekGet lots of low- intensity movement in throughout the day
- Avocados, coconuts, olivesButter (pastured)Nuts – macadamia, almond, walnuts, cashews, pistachios etc.Natural peanuts butterSeeds – chia, flax, hemp, sunflowerWhole eggsSalmonOmega 3 supplementsFull-fat yoghurt
- Avocado – best for high heat cookingExtra virgin olive oil- best for drizzlingButter- best from pastured cowsCoconut oil- 2nd best for cookingFlaxseed oil – high in omega 3, not for cooking drizzling on salads
“Smart Carbs”I really like to call them smart carbs because they are acting like that in our body, which means is much easier for the body to digest plus they keep you full for longer.
What to eat:
- Whole oats – the less processing the better- steel cut oats are best
- Brown rice
- Starchy vegetables such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, parsnips, carrots, baby sweetcorn, sweetcorn, and peas
As you know already, I’m constantly talking about the importance of water in our body, because water makes up nearly 60% of our body.
- Bone contains about 22% water
- Fat cells contain 25% water
- Muscle contains about 75% water
- Blood contains nearly 83% water
- Our brain is nearly 90% water
Exercise also speeds up the rate of water loss and replenishing the body’s fluid is essential for overall health.
BENEFITS OF WATER
- Promotes Weight Loss If you drink a glass of water before meal, can help control appetite and help you from overeating.Water also helps remove by-product of fat and revs up your metabolism
- Increase Energy & Relieves fatigueIncreasing water intake will help your brain function at a higher level, which will increase concentration and even change your energy level.
- Flashes out Toxins
- Getting rid of waste through sweat and urination can improve your overall gut health.
- Improve Skin Complexion
- Water is the best way to keep your skin looking young, soft, and smooth.It can even help with those pesky wrinklesWater is one of the best anti-ageing treatments
- Aids in Digestion
- We all know how vital digestion and regularity are for a healthy body
- Boost Immune System a study shows that if we increase the water intake is less likely to be sick because of their improved immune systemNatural Headache Remedy
- Some headaches are caused by dehydration, water can also help relive and prevent back pain
- Puts you in a Good Mood
- Do you know that the if you increase the water consumption your body function at is very best, and this will make you feel great and will increase your happiness? Amazing right? J
Eat well, exercise, stay hydrated and be positive!